Thursday, April 9, 2009

Change of plans....

Hey!
I got a call from Chelle this morning. She had an appointment with Tonie, the mid-wife, this morning. YAY! Tonie thinks that she is more then likely going to have this little Jack a bit early.
Honestly, I think this would thrill Chelle. She had Annabelle three weeks early as well. So it would not be a surprise. :)
And, she has been wishing that Jack would show up early for another reason. David's brother (lol, yes, our brother-in-law) is getting married on the 9th of May, and as you all know, Jack is due on the 7th. Plus the wedding is about 400 miles away from where they live. So this has made Chelle sad that they could be missing this.
Well, as a result, Chelle may be overwhelmed.... or maybe even in labor..... when I planned to head over. So this holding off is a good idea.
I will talk to Fairlight and we can try to plan for a different time. I am thinking that perhaps we could play it by ear.
Have everyone still send the gifts as early as possible, and when Jack arrives, then we can plan for two-three weeks after that.
If he comes early enough, they will be coming to Idaho for the wedding and I could just snatch her for a few hours over that week-end.
Fairlight, Katie or I can keep everyone posted!
Loves to you ladies, and thank you for being so flex able!
Minta

10 comments:

kt said...

Hi girls... sorry I've been missing in action lately!
This sounds fine Minta, the last thing we want to do is make her feel overwhelmed.
keep us posted Minta.

Also my present is coming, I promise! my sewing machine just has to go in to the dr's - it is stuck on really fast! and I still have to do the button holes...

Lisa said...

sounds perfect ~ thanks for keeping us in the loop, Min!

Andrea said...

This sounds good to me too. I will probably be sending out my gift on Mon or Tues. I'm not sure if the post office is open Monday. Thanks for letting us know whats happening!

Leslie said...

perfect, thanks Min for doing all this... your a sweetie!

Im guessing baby Jack is here by this time next week.. hurray...

Andi Mae said...

I just got back from my little holiday + I am so relieved that the shower is not this coming week! I had planned on getting my things sent before I left and in the big rush just completely forgot! I will get things sent to you this week Minta- thank you so much for coordinating everything. You are amazing! And geesh, I better call Chelle soon- sounds like Mr. Jack is really on his way :)

Cottage Mommy said...

Hello...I thought I posted a comment here but it seems to have disappeared? Anyway, I was totally and completely in the dark about all of this because the info got sent to my email account I never, ever check! I am so bummed! Can I join in at this super last minute time? If anyone wants to let me know you can email me at courtneyhenson@hotmail.com. At this late date I will probably buy her something instead of make her something. When does Aminta need to get it by? Thanks so much ladies...this will teach me to check my gmail account!

Aminta said...

Hey Courtney! Of course you can join now! I am so sorry that the email did not get to you until just now.
Chelle will be thrilled when she finds out that you joined in, whether last minute or not!
Have fun looking through everything!

Cottage Mommy said...

Okay, so I'm getting a cute initial necklace with the initials A & J and a sweet little flower charm from my husband's Auntie who makes jewelry. Her stuff is pretty much all I wear. So it is not for the babe but something sentimental for Chelle to wear. Now I know I am squeaking in here at the last minute. Are you still planning on giving her all the gifts this Saturday the 18th? Aminta, should I still try to mail it to you or directly to Chelle? If you want me to mail it to Chelle then I do need her address. Oh, my husband is picking it up after work tonight so the earliest I can get it in the mail is tomorrow morning! Thanks girls!

Fairlightday said...

Hi Cortney, you can send it to Aminta. I think at this point we are going to wait until after little man Jack makes his appearance to have the shower. So, you have some time. Don't worry about joining in late. I'm really sorry that you didn't get my initial email invite to the shower. It's totally my fault for not following up with you.
The necklace sounds beautiful and we would love to see pictures! I know Chelle will love it!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Hey - just a quick little note (by the way, thank you so much for changing the setting on here so I could comment Fairlight - I have NO idea what the issue was with the other comment form, but I really missed being able to comment! -you are the best!). I posted here: http://sweetsecretsshower.blogspot.com/2009/03/gift.html about the change in my gift to Chelle. If you guys want to make the change in the side bar and Aminta, in your post about what has arrived at your house as well - mine is a knitted baby hat, not a diaper case. :) Thanks!
By the way - any news on when Jack might make his appearance? When is she actually due?